Canon Ink Level Indicator Reset Procedures
Ink Level Reset Instructions for Canon PG-40, PG-50, CL-41 and CL-51 cartridges
With the cartridge facing the same way that it goes into the machine, but with the electronic strip facing you, do the following:
- Cover only the top row of contact pads that you see with tape.
- Put the cartridge in the printer, and it will give you a message "Cartridge Not Inserted".
- Remove the cartridge from the printer.
- Now cover only the top two rows of contact pads with tape.
- Put the cartridge in the printer, and it will again give you a message "Cartridge Not Inserted".
- Remove the cartridge from the printer again.
- Carefully, remove the tape that you had covering the top two rows of contact pads on the electronic strip.
- Place the cartridge back into the machine. The machine should now show that cartridge with a full status.
This process is designed to work for one cartridge after each refill. It will need to be repeated for any other cartridges that you are refilling.